Monday 11 June 2012

Absence, books and storytelling

I've been away and I've been ill.  Time to think.  Time to think about writing.  And when the thinking is done, it will be time to write.

In the meantime, I have been using my kindle and now regard it with fondness.  I think the immediacy of finding a book on Amazon and having it at your fingertips is especially attractive.

I've also just finished reading (in hard copy) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which was utterly compelling and readable.

Me Before You


An engaging story is all about the way the characters are drawn, a statement echoed by the creator of the enthralling Game of Thrones,  writer George R R Martin.  No, I haven't read the Fire and Ice books yet, but am loving the HBO series.  Fabulous, engrossing, complex characters and landscapes.

Game of Thrones Poster

I'm also enjoying the revisiting of fairy tales in the TV series' Once Upon A Time and Grimm.

Grimm Poster


I always had a fascination with fairy tales, especially their darkness.

Life.  Stories.  Characters.  Life

Related posts:
http://www.janeayres.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/art-of-storytelling.html





No comments:

Post a Comment