Friday 30 December 2011

First steps


It’s been a long time coming. 
I’m a writer.  Blogging is all about writing.  Expressing ideas on a very public platform.  I tell my writing students they should be blogging.  So why don’t I practise what I preach?  Why have I resisted for so long?
One reason I give myself is that I am not very good with technology. 
Another that I worry I might get addicted to blogging.    Or that I won’t be able to keep it up.
Or that no-one will read it anyway.  Oh well...... 
I’ve been a writer for more than 40 years but I still struggle to write.  When I teach and advise other writers I tell them how important it is to write every day.  Yet I don’t.  The older I get, the harder it gets.  A daily, or at least regular, writing habit has eluded me for a long time.  Maybe blogging will get me into that habit.  An ugly word, blogging.  Inelegant.  Diary or journal has a nicer ring to it.   Or maybe wordstream......

No comments:

Post a Comment